Monday, May 10, 2004

later than CA. Israel is actually 10 later than CA time. So, when I finally made it to the hotel in Tel Aviv it was about 5PM in LA (Church time). I slept most of the way to Israel. The first two flight traveled while I would have been awake at home, so my sleep deprevation didn't hit me until I got on the plane to go to Israel.
We slept in until 12PM and it felt so good! At about 2PM, we decided to got out and see Tel Aviv and Jaffa. It really is a beautiful city. We walked along the beach for a while and then took a taxi-like bus to the Carmel Market. It reminded me of the Swap Meets we have in LA. There were tons of venders all around selling all sorts of things. I bought a tee-shirt and some spices there. Krista bought some clothes from there to wear for the next couple of days because here luggage never made it on the plane.
After that we took a bus to Jaffa, which is the place that Jonah took a boat to escape going to Ninevah to carry God's word to the people. At the top of a hill sits St. Peter Church and a square called Kikar Kedumin. We sat in the square and had coffee and Creme Carmel. Before it was too late, we stopped at some shops and I we looked at jewelery made from Roman Class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home