Monday, September 20, 2004

Back from San Francisco

Hello! I would have to say that San Francisco has got to be one of the most beautiful cities in the United States. Every time I go, I am in awe of the architecture. On Friday, all the apprentices came together, from Minneapolis and LA, to share the experiences each of us had had over this year and learn more my 2 year commitment as a noviciate. So, Melanie and I flew from LA and Jaci, the apprentice from our Minneapolis team, flew from Minneapolis. We all convened in San Fransisco because that is where the Apprentice Coordinators have their offices. Our main headquarters for all nine teams is in Los Angeles, however, those that run the apprenticeship and are the assistant to InnerCHANGE's founders, all work in San Francisco.
The picture I put up was a shot that I took while I was there this weekend. InnerCHANGE does have a team in San Fransisco (the other people in the picture), so while we were there, we spent some time with them. I always enjoy visiting them. The weekend was really cold, but all together very restful. One of the nights, the San Francisco team, the apprenticship coordinators (and their families) and the apprentices all went to a Greek Festival. I ate Gyros and a really good Greek Desert. My mouth still waters when I think about it. I even got to learn some Greek Dances!!!
I think the favorite part of my weekend, though, was hearing the stories each apprentice told. We talked about the struggles we went through and the happy moments we experienced. We each learned something about ourselves over the year and I really appreciated the privilege of hearing what God had taught the others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home