Sunday, May 16, 2004

Okay and now for today!!!
Today was a beautiful day. We made our way up to Akko (old city is Acre). It was a canaanite town that was well preserved from the Crusador period. We walked around and viewed the ruins. We even watch a video on the site that the museum had. But, it didn't take long before we were on our way to the Sea of Galilee. When you com into the area your breathe is just taken away. I think this is my favorite place in Israel. It is no wonder that Jesus, chose Caperneum as his place of rest. It was amazing. One of our first stops was at the top of the Mt of Beautitudes. I read the sermon on the Mount as was taken away as I saw the symbolism behind some of the word he said. As you look out your can see Tiberias across the way on a hill. " The part that say, as city on a hill cannot be hidden". It brought new meaning!!
WE also viewed the old city of Caperneum. It is nolonger exsistent, but the ruins remain. We were able to see Peters house and the synoggue that is next to it. I tried to imagine Jesus calling Peter and James and John from the Water there.
We are staying in a monastary that goes right to the lake. We sat there for a few minutes and meditated. I got to stick my feet in the water as the watere splashed up against the rocks. I think we are going to take some time in the morning just "be". I am excited because we have been going 12hour days!!!
In the evening, we went into Tiberius for some fish. We ate at a place that was next to the water. I had St. Peter's Fish Fried. Supposedly it was the type of fish that Peter caught all the time. The fish came whole! It was a new and fun experience. There are party boats that go up and down the Sea, so we sat and watched them. There music was so loud, but it looked like a lot of fun to go dancing on the boat. THe boys kept trying to take pictures of us all with the boats behind us however, the were never quit successful.
Tonite, I| think we are going to try and go swimming at the monastaries fresh water pool. But, I an not sure yet!! Well until next time! Love always!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home