Monday, January 10, 2005

Pictures

For those of you, who have been patiently waiting for my Christmas pictures to be posted...I'm sorry.....
I have spent the last couple of weeks organizing my life and getting my bills figured out.... On the up side, this weekend I will be moving into my own apartment. It just next door from my old one, however, it will still be a place I can call my own.. Before Christmas, my roommate and I started to discuss what we want our apartment to be for each of us. In the end of that discussion, we found that we both wanted to have a space to call our own...something that we could retreat to and just "be". However, when you are living in a studio apartment-with another individual, the "retreating" and "being" just isn't possible. So, we decided to each get our own studio apartment. She will be staying in our old apartment and I will be moving next door. It works out really well, in that one of the men from InnerCHANGE is getting married this February. Him and his future wife have found an apartment, so he will be moving in this weekend. That leaves his old apartment up for grabs. I am really excited to have an apartment of my own. And my dad is really excited to have all of my storage gone from his house....well that will be happening a little later....but he is still excited.

This weekend was really enriching....because I had the opportunity to give back to someone who continually gives to me. My team leader, Jude, is the kind of person who lives her life with love. There are those that try to get as much as they can out of this world, but Jude would rather live her life as a contribution to this world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home